How to use FxCop Integrator with FxCop 1.36

Mar 16, 2011 at 11:49 AM

Thanks for sharing FxCop Integrator tool. How to use FxCop Integrator with FxCop 1.36. I am Windows XP user and cannot work with FxCop 10.0 as XP is not a supported platform for 10.0

-vicky

Coordinator
Mar 16, 2011 at 12:07 PM

Hi vicky, thank you for using FxCop Integrator.

If you set FxCopCmd Path option value to %PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft FxCop 1.36\FxCopCmd.exe (if you install FxCop to default location), maybe you can run FxCop 1.36 with FxCop Integrator. You can change this option value from [Tools] > [Options] > [FxCop Integrator] > [General]. see also this page.

But I didn't test with FxCop 1.36.

Mar 18, 2011 at 6:33 PM
Hi sasaminn...thanks for sharing the information.

It is a very good tool and works well with platforms FxCop 10.0 is supported on.
I made the said changes..but did not perform code analysis.

My wish list for your tool:
1. Love it see this tool working with FxCop 1.36
2. Ability to break build if rule violations are set to error.
3. Ability to select custom ruleset with your tool.

With above incorporated we will have a power tool in Visual Studio editions other than Ultimate/Premium for code analysis.

Regards
Vicky

To: [email removed]
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 05:07:18 -0700
Subject: Re: How to use FxCop Integrator with FxCop 1.36 [vs2010fxcopext:249917]

Hi vicky, thank you for using FxCop Integrator.

If you set FxCopCmd Path option value to %PROGRAMFILES%\Microsoft FxCop 1.36\FxCopCmd.exe (if you install FxCop to default location), maybe you can run FxCop 1.36 with FxCop Integrator. You can change this option value from [Tools] > [Options] > [FxCop Integrator] > [General]. see also this page.
But I didn't test with FxCop 1.36.
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (vs2010fxcopext@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email vs2010fxcopext@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Hi vicky.

Thanks for the suggestion!!

I registered work items about suggested features. I'll incorporate these features in next release.