StyleCop Plugin?

May 4, 2011 at 4:44 AM

You've done a great job integrating FXCop into VS 2010, have you considered doing the same for StyleCop (http://stylecop.codeplex.com/)?

Coordinator
May 4, 2011 at 5:51 AM
Edited May 4, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Hi guinness, thank you for using FxCop Integrator.

Sorry, do you mean whether or not I've considered implementing the ability to integrate other tools (e.g. ReSharper)?

If so, I've not considered it.

May 4, 2011 at 1:38 PM

I think you may have misyunderstood.  Both FXCop and StyleCop are MS tools that are complementary, the former being static code analysis after compilation and the latter being style analysis on actual source code.

Coordinator
May 4, 2011 at 11:34 PM

So you mean this extension should have the feature to show StyleCode analysis result like FxCop's result (e.g. enable to search StyleCop analysis result) ?

May 5, 2011 at 2:29 AM

Yes, you could integrate it or create another plugin.  Just an idea, I don't know if StyleCop is as widely used as FXCop - if it's a lot of work then probably not worthwhile. 

Coordinator
May 6, 2011 at 4:27 AM

I see, it's true that I don't think the UI of StyleCop analysis result is easy to use. It isn't difficult to implement StyleCop analysis result viewer like FxCop result viewer if I can understand XML schema of StyleCop analysis report.

But first I'll research the needs of improvement of StyleCop analysis result viewer. If it's needed, I'll implement it.