Suppression option in the Code Analysis Result window

Oct 3, 2011 at 10:11 PM

I've been using the tool nowadays and it's been great to integrate FxCop into VS 2010. The only thing that I'm missing is the capability of having the Suppress message option when you right-click an option in the results window:

Is there a way to automate the suppressions just like in figure 4 of this post?

http://www.developertutorials.com/tutorials/miscellaneous/continuous-code-analysis-fx-cop-805/

Thank you.

Coordinator
Oct 12, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Hi mmfoscar, thank you for using FxCop Integrator and sorry for my late reply.

Currently, there isn't a way to add the suppress message attribute automatically. I received the request to add the message suppression feature from other user as well, so I plan to implement it in the next release.

Feb 10, 2012 at 4:57 AM

Hi sasaminn,

First of all, excellent work on the integrator tool - it is a real life saver :)

According to the release notes for version 2.0.0, you added a feature "to let developers more easily add a "SuppressMessage" tag" - but I cannot figure out how to use this? Is there supposed to be a right-click option on the warning?

It will be a VERY useful feature.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Feb 14, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Hi waynebeckley,

Thank you for using FxCop Integrator!!

I plan to slowly improve the message suppression feature. In FxCop Integrator 2.0.0, I added the "Suppress Message" section on the Rule Detail window. You can copy and paste SuppressMessage attribute manually.

From FxCop Integrator 2.0.0

I will improve this feature so that you can automatically add SuppressMessage attribute with context menu like the Code Analysis feature of VS 2010 Ultimate. Please wait next release!!